Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Crisps

So, for whatever reason, I've never been a huge sweet potato fan.  I know that they are good for you and I love roasted potatoes, but I've never opted for sweet potatoes.  Perhaps it's because of their inherently sweet flavor.

Sweet Potato Crisps
However, I contributed to an article about healthy snack ideas for children, and I was thinking about client's who I make snacks for... the sweet potato crisp jumped out at me.  I made them in my apartment adding chopped thyme and rosemary and a generous amount of sea salt.   I then sliced them extremely thin (I actually used my relatively new de Buyer Mandolin - amazing), tossed them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the herbs and roasted them at 350 until tender.  Then I broiled them for a few minutes until they were crispy.

They ended up being the perfect combination of sweet and savory and they are healthy and filling to boot.   A great alternative to the potato chip.... I love them with sandwiches or soups.

This is a perfect time of year to make the crisps as sweet potatoes are almost in season!

1 comment:

  1. OH! We made these (more finger like) last night! So delicious and nutritious!

    ReplyDelete